So you’re planning to serve guests pizza rolls, but you have no idea where to start.
Are you wondering how long to cook pizza rolls in microwave?
It’s for that reason we’ve selected the top six pizza rolls and outlined steps to follow when cooking them in the microwave.
How to Cook Pizza Rolls in The Microwave
While mastering the methods to prepare pizza rolls in your microwave, you should also identify the top brands to consider.
Below are the top six pizza roll brands and the steps to follow when making each in the microwave.
- Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls
They are not only sweet but also savory. Every bite allows you to feel the taste of herbs and spices.
Melted cheese stretches between each sauce pocket as you draw the roll apart. And there’s a bubbly crust to add another layer of deliciousness to this already scrumptious snack.
These snacks are the first thing I consider whenever I need something quick to serve as a snack at a house party. Besides being easy and fast to make in the microwave, they taste great with any dip or sauce you want!
But you must follow a strategic cooking procedure to make the snack delicious.
Here are the microwave instructions for Kroger pizza:
- Put a double layer of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put the rolls in the towels and arrange them in a circle. Microwave utmost 6 to avoid overcrowding the plate.
- Set your microwave power too high and microwave for 65 to 70 seconds.
- Let them stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Signature Select Pizza Snacks
This snack offers a blend of flavors you’ll love. Many people like them for their mixture of crunchy crust, proper tomato sauce, and authentic oregano flavor.
Their golden brown color makes them quite appetizing.
One bite let’s you experience mouth-watering flavors. Dig deeper and let the fragrant spice accentuate how well this pizza is made.
Here’s how to microwave Signature Select Pizza Snacks:
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place a maximum of 6 pizza rolls on the paper towels and arrange them in a circle.
- Microwave on high for 70-75 seconds.
- Let them rest for 1-2 minutes before eating.
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Snacks
There are different sentiments about how these pizza rolls taste.
While some equate the taste to “whole wheat,” others think they taste like a box that once held a pizza.
Despite these variations, all agree that these pizza rolls have a good crust-to-filling ratio.
Here are the instructions for microwaving Mama Cozzi’s Pizza rolls:
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a microwavable plate.
- Arrange not more than six pizza rolls in a circle on the paper towels.
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- Let it stand for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Annie’s Pizza Poppers
These pizza rolls are the perfect choice for people who love oily and less flavorful snacks.
Here are the steps to follow when microwaving Annie’s Pizza Poppers:
- Arrange 11 pizza poppers in a circle in a microwavable container.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 35 seconds.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes before eating.
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls
The good thing about these pizza rolls is their crunchy crust. It would be best to be careful not to make them burst when cooking.
Here are the steps to follow when microwaving Totino’s Pizza Rolls:
- Place six pizza rolls on a microwavable plate.
- Cook on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Let them stand for 2 minutes before eating.
- Feel Good Food Uncured Pepperoni Bites
Although they aren’t flavorful, these pizza rolls have cauliflower crust to boost health.
Here are the steps to take when microwaving Feel Good Food Uncured Pepperoni Bites:
- Arrange six pizza rolls on a microwavable plate.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 25 seconds.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before enjoying the snack.
Safety Tips To Consider When Microwaving Pizza Rolls
Apart from using a microwave-safe plate for cooking your pizza rolls in the microwave, there are extra safety tips you should consider.
Here are what you should observe when microwaving pizza rolls:
- Arrange your pizza rolls in single layers. This ensures even heating.
- Microwave on high, but for a minute or less. This prevents overheating.
- Let them stand for 2 minutes before eating. They could burn you if you don’t let them cool down.
- Don’t leave your microwave unattended when cooking your pizza rolls.
How To Reheat Pizza In The Microwave Without It Getting Soggy
Reheating pizza in the microwave without it getting soggy may sound hard. But it’s practically proven to be pretty easy with the following steps:
- The first thing you need to take is to place the pizza onto a plate, then take it into the microwave.
- The second step is to take a microwavable cup and top it with water.
- Add that to the microwave along with the pizza.
- Switch your microwave tk a high power and cook the contents for about 30-45 seconds.
You may be wondering:
Why do you put a glass of water in the microwave with your food? How does adding the cup of water in the microwave stop your pizza crust from going soggy?
It all comes down to how microwaves heat water and other liquids, compared to denser substances.
The microwave absorbs all the energy that’d constantly bounce around inside your pizza if you place it alone without adding the cup of water.
The liquid in your pizza heated rapidly as a result. It shortly gets vaporized and ends up in the crust.
The end result? A soggy pizza crust!
Putting a cup of water in the microwave means that the extra energy gets somewhere else to go.
The water in the cup absorbs some of the microwaves, meaning that your pizza heats up:
- More slowly
- More evenly
- Retains a deliciously crispy crust.
Is It Better To Reheat Pizza In The Microwave Or Oven?
Both have pros and cons. The decision depends on the urgency of the pizza.
Reheating pizza in the oven is more time-consuming than doing it in the microwave. But the result is better regardless of how much time is needed.
So, a microwave is a go-to option if you’re planning to reheat your pizza within the shortest time. But if there’s time, the oven will do better.
If your pizza has rested for a whole day, you’ll find that its taste and texture is much fresher if you use the oven rather than the microwave.
With that said, I’ll use the microwave if I only have to reheat a slice or two. That way, I’ll not have to wait for long to reheat the small portion of the pizza.
If I have half a pizza, though, I’ll make an effort to get it back to its best by heating it in the oven.
Not everyone has a toaster at their disposal. But if you are lucky to have one, this is a much faster way of getting the job done.
A toaster works perfectly for doughy food like pizza!
Before tossing them inside, spread your pizza evenly on a microwave-safe plate, leaving space between them. Don’t stack them on top of each other because that will prevent them from heating evenly.
I recommend adding a layer of paper towel over the top of pizza rolls to stop any splattering or popping.
The duration you take to cook pizza rolls depends on the brand you’re cooking.
You can select the brand that most resonates with your taste and crunchy preferences from the list above.
After deciding on a brand, please follow the instructions for microwaving to produce the best pizza rolls for you and your family, or friends.