A Cold leftover pizza hut is neither appealing nor appetizing. You can’t also take frozen pizza following health concerns.
You must reheat it to revive its divine taste and crunchiness.
Our kitchen experts have compiled a list of methods you can choose to reheat your pizza.
Follow our detailed guide to learn how to reheat pizza without burning it.
How to Reheat Pizza Hut Pizza- Best Ways
The method you choose to reheat your pizza hut depends on factors like:
- The amount of time you have
- The equipment available
- The results expected
- The size of the pizza hut
Below are the available pizza hut reheating methods in the order of their effectiveness:
The Best Method to Reheat Pizza Hut (Reheating Pizza Hut in the Oven)
The Pizza Hut team recommends that you use an oven to reheat leftover pizza to enjoy the original taste and texture of your pizza hut.
Reheating pizza in the oven guarantees the best results (soft cheese and a crispy crust); however time-intensive.
The oven method is incredibly convenient for large and thick pizza huts. It entails placing your pizza hut in a conventional oven for 30 minutes.
The method also works best for multiple slices of pizza.
It takes 8-10 minutes to reheat a standard pizza hut in the oven and an extra 2 minutes for a thick one.
Follow the following tips for reheating pizza hut in the oven without burning it:
- Remove the pizza hut from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉
- Wrap your pizza hut with parchment paper and place it on a baking sheet/cookie sheet or a pizza pan for more crispy results.
- Ensure enough space between pizza slices (at least 4 inches apart) to allow an even distribution of heat.
- Sprinkle some water on the parchment paper to refresh a stale pizza.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle layer of the oven to ensure thorough cooking.
- Bake the pizza hut for 5-10 minutes. The baking time could vary depending on how soft you want the cheese and the number of toppings on the pizza.
- Unwrap your pizza hut for 2 minutes toward the cooking time to prevent sogginess. It allows excess moisture to evaporate.
- You can also leave the reheated pizza hut in the oven for some minutes to make it crunchier.
- Use an oven mitt to remove the pizza from the oven, then serve.
- Thick pizza huts will require you to preheat the oven to 475℉ and preheat the baking pan for 1 hour.
- Don’t preheat the oven if you want a softer pizza hut. You can also lower the temperature and reduce the reheating time.
- Never reheat pizza in their storage boxes. It can spark a fire in the oven.
Alternative Methods to Reheat Your Pizza Hut Pizza
The Skillet Method (Using a Frying Pan)
The skillet method is the second most convenient and effective method to reheat a cold pizza. It involves placing a non-stick pan on a stovetop.
It is most convenient for a few slices of pizza and takes just 5 minutes. You can slice a large pizza into several pieces and heat it in different batches to allow ample spacing.
The Skillet method also preserves the flavors of your pizza.
Here are the simple steps for reheating pizza hut using the skillet method:
- Choose an ideal size of non-stick pan for our pizza.
- Place the pan on a stove under low heat.
- Once the skillet is adequately heated, place your pizza hut and cover it with a lid. Covering traps heat, allowing cheese toppings to melt.
- You can put a few drops of water on the skillet so that the hot moisture will speed up the heating.
- Leave the skillet for 5 minutes or until it’s as crunchy as desired.
- You should monitor the process to avoid burning your pizza.
Using an Air Fryer
It is easy, fast and convenient to reheat leftover pizza in an air fryer.
Place enough slices of pizza hut in an air fryer. Avoid overcrowding to allow sufficient circulation of air.
Don’t stack several layers ago.
Set your air fryer at 350℉ or press the automatic pizza button on your appliance.
Run the appliance for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325℉ for a crunchier crust.
Using a Toaster Oven
The toaster oven method is easy and messy free. Direct heat from the hot pan sheets warms up the cold pizza.
Reheat leftover pizza hut in the toaster oven as follows:
- Preheat the toaster to 425℉ for 5 minutes.
- Remove your pizza hut from its box and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Wrap your pizza slice with an aluminum fold before placing it on the toaster sheet. Aluminum foil traps heat, thus melting the cheese topping (Optional but recommended).
- Don’t use parchment paper because it will burn.
- You can sprinkle drops of water on the pizza to lock in moisture if you don’t want your pizza crunchy.
- Smear cooking oil or spray on the sheet pan.
- Place the slices without overlapping.
- Leave it for 5 minutes uninterrupted.
- Use a spatula to remove the hot slices to avoid burning your fingers owing to the direct heat from the sheet pan.
Reheating pizza in the microwave is the least preferred method because it leaves the cheese topping chewy.
However, it is not all evil. You can follow these tips to war a cold pizza in the microwave:
- Choose a microwave-safe, preferably one made of glass or ceramic. Be keen to spot a microwave-safe symbol to avoid any eventualities.
- Avoid plastics and pizza storage containers because they contain harmful chemical compounds which leach into food when heated.
- Add a few drops of water to prevent your pizza hut from drying up. Steam from the water also speeds up the eating process.
- Wrap the pizza using a kitchen towel to keep it intact, and place it on the microwave-safe plate with some drops of water.
- Place the plate and its content in the microwave carefully.
- Press the pizza button on the appliance (if available).
- Alternatively, set the microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Stop the microwave at 30 seconds intervals to monitor the process.
- You can also follow the instructions provided in the user guide manual.
Can You Reheat Pizza In A Pizza Hut Box?
It is not advisable to reheat pizza hut box.
Pizza hut box is made of cardboard, and according to the Food and Drug Administration, cardboard contains harmful chemical compounds linked to human cancer.
The ink on the pizza hut box melts when heated, leaching toxins into your snack.
Besides, cardboard is a poor conductor of heat, thus compromising the reheating process.
The pizza hut box will likely catch fire if used to reheat cold pizza in the microwave.
You are advised to remove your pizza from the hut box regardless of how you reheat it.
How Do You Reheat Pizza So It’s Crispy?
Reheating pizza in a conventional oven or a toaster oven guarantees crispy results.
The two methods involve high direct heat prompting crunchiness. They are also dry methods of reheating, and water drops are optional.
Reheating a pizza hut in a toaster or conventional oven allows you to extend the heating tie to achieve the desired level of crispiness.
Wrapping pizza pieces in foil ensures heat is trapped for adequate reheating.
Avoid stacking several layers ago. Ensure enough spacing between pizza slices to allow even heating and countering sogginess.
If you have many slices of pizza to reheat, ensure you reheat the in different batches.
Prolong the heating time if you have a large, thick pizza to reheat.
Frozen pizza hut pizza should be left at room temperature for some time to melt the ice, which would otherwise make it soggy or demand an extension of reheating time.
How Do You Reheat Pizza Without Drying It Up?
Whichever method you choose to reheat leftover pizza hut pizza, you should sprinkle drops of water to maintain moisture.
You should also control the amount of temperature and reduce exposure time to ensure your pizza hut remains moist.
The skillet method allows you to put some water on the pan. Moisture from the hot water will keep your snack moist.
You should also wrap the pizza with a kitchen towel to retain moisture.
Storage conditions greatly influence the reheating outcome. Observe great caution when freezing excess pizza slices for future use.
The Bottom Line
Reheating frozen pizza hut in a standard or conventional oven is the best method to revive its greatness.
It takes 5-10 minutes to reheat a standard pizza and an extra 2 minutes for a thicker pizza hut at 350℉.
The heating time may vary depending on the desired level of crunchiness. You can adjust the time and oven temperature to suit your preference.
You can also use the skillet, air fryer or microwave method to reheat a cold leftover pizza hut pizza.