From cooking perfectly crispy tender food to veggies, an air fryer is a game-changer. But grease it with a fraction of the oil so that nothing sticks.
Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer? Absolutely yes. You can put perforated parchment paper in an air fryer. However, follow the right process to ensure your food cooks safely and evenly.
Let us see this in detail.
Can You Put Parchment Paper in An Air Fryer?
Yes. Perforated parchment paper are microwavable.
As a sustainable option, liners are specifically designed for the air fryer. They neatly fit in the bottom of your gadget effortlessly.
The best gift is that parchment paper eases the cleaning task after dinner. Those who own an air fryer can agree with me that cleaning it is havoc.
Even if you throw them in a dishwasher, they won’t come out squeaky clean instead it will take up more space.
Read Next: Can you put microwave popcorn in an air fryer?
How to use parchment paper in an air fryer?
- Ensure you follow the manufacturer’s steps on how to use parchment paper safely. Otherwise, if you preheat it with solo parchment paper, they will just fly around and probably burn. Here are the tips and tricks on how to use parchment paper in your air fryer:
- Make sure you place only parchment paper at the bottom of the fryer basket.
- Avoid placing foil at the bottom of where food particles and oil fall. Only paper should be within the basket.
- Never cover the cooking basket with the liners- your device needs some of these exposed holes to enhance cooking and proper airflow, as well.
- Don’t let parchment sheet stick out or on the edge of the fryer basket.
- Don’t use parchment paper without having food on it. Remember, there will be nothing to weigh the paper; thus, it can be sucked into the heating element and burn.
How to make perforated parchment paper
While you can purchase perforated parchment paper from your nearest shop, you can instead take another route. Simply, you can design your own perforated parchment paper while still relaxing in your backyard.
- A pair of scissors
- Parchment paper
- A self-heating mat
- A rotary cutter/hole punch
- With your parchment paper, use a pair of scissors to cut the baking paper into suited and desired sizes
- Cut a stack of around 10 to 20 sheets from your roll of parchment paper to function as liners.
- Once you’re ready with the best and sizeable paper, place it on top of a stack parchment paper
- The original size should act as a guide to cut the stake to size. Once done, you’ll be left with paper liners
- Now, you can use a hole punch or rotary cutter to add consistent holes. Keep in mind that you’ll need quite many breathable holes. That, your food will cook evenly because the appliance will endure an impressive airflow
Why Use A Perforated Parchment Paper When Air Frying
Everyone loves cooking food to perfection. Nothing can beat an air fryer for cooking delicious food as long as you use it wisely and properly
Let’s see why you need perforated parchment paper in your air fryer:
It makes cleanup a breeze once you’re through with cooking or frying. Take, for example, the case with heavy sauces, greasy foods, or when making chicken wings.
- Avoids food from sticking. These sheets are overkill in case you’re using a sticky wire base.
- Keeps your food free from tearing. Take a look at delicate foods like fish. They release superbly when prepared on these liners. It’s disgusting to release some delicate fish like salmon, only to end up breaking it into pieces.
- It helps to maintain your air fryer, hence prolonging its life. These sheet liners can function as protectors of your fryer basket from much heat exposure and grease.
- Minimize scrubbing that causes tear and wear. Since cleanup is simple, you don’t need to scrub it. Considering that non-stick baskets deteriorate over time, but more so when scrubbed.
- Safe and healthy to use up to 205 to 230 degrees Celsius.
- FDA tested and approved. Many liners do meet FDA standards and guidelines as manufacturers claim.
- Budget-friendly. These liners are cheap and worth your money.
Where Do You Put Parchment Paper In An Air Fryer?
Some items are quite messy. Like the sauce, which is sticky, can disappoint your whole process.
That said, you can place them over parchment paper or a sheet of tin foil and top of the basket.
Ensure the food you place on the sheet is the right weight to steer it down.
Can I Put Paper Towels in the Air Fryer?
The simple answer is ‘NO.’ I would neither attempt nor put any paper towel in an air fryer.
A paper towel tends to block and disrupt airflow in the basket, hence affecting your cooking result.
You can only use it to season the surface as long as the appliance is not in use.
What Paper Can Be Used In An Air Fryer?
Line your fryer basket with parchment paper. It eliminates the mess and makes it easy to clean this basket after cooking. As much as you may save time, you’ll also enjoy tasty chicken drumsticks any day.
It’s advisable to go with the right cooking accessories when cooking in your air fryer. More often, you’ll be optimizing the good taste of your food and ease the cleaning process. A good example is parchment paper.
I hope your question, ‘Can You Put Parchment Paper in An Air Fryer,” is well answered. Nonetheless, let it be a perforated parchment paper for that matter