A microwave with a stainless steel interior is easy to clean. If you’re like me, you should invest in one to boost your cooking experience.
I put more than 50 microwaves into a test, to figure out which is the best microwave with stainless steel.
Our list has well curated appliances so that you don’t have to waste your time when choosing.
Best Microwaves with stainless steel interior (Our Top Picks)
1. Toshiba Countertop Microwave oven-EC042A5C-SS
With this model, you will have both convection and microwave cooking in one appliance. It means that you can apply different cooking techniques that include baking and roasting.
The Toshiba countertop microwave with stainless steel interior comes with a reliable smart sensor and offers up to 13 automated menus.
The smart sensor makes the microwave give out optimal results each time. It will detect humidity from the food as you cook it and adjust the temperature and time accordingly.
Even better, the interior stainless-steel makes the microwave oven durable as it is both rust and scratch-resistant. It is also easy to clean and maintain as all it needs is wiping with a clean damp cloth.
Other significant features include the one-touch button for making popcorns and the mute option for regulating the sound.
At 1000 watts, it heats food fast and evenly compared to other microwaves in the market for the same price.
- It has a sleek stainless-steel exterior finish that makes it stylish.
- The stainless-steel interior makes it easy to clean
- It has an LCD light for energy-saving and ECO mode.
- The smart sensor is suitable for cooking foods like potatoes as it adjusts temperature and time according to the humidity being emitted.
- Safe to use as it has a child lock, kitchen timer, and digital clock.
- Some people feel this microwave is not durable enough.
- There are complaints that food does not warm evenly.
2. Farberware Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
If you are on a budget but still want the best stainless steel interior microwave oven, you should consider the Farberware stainless steel microwave.
Despite the affordable price tag, it is a high-quality and reliable kitchen appliance with superior features.
At first, you’ll notice the stylish exterior finish that complements all kitchen spaces.
The interior is easy to clean as it has a coated stainless-steel finish to make it odorless and easy to clean.
With six auto programs for cooking, you can easily make foods like pizza, potato, and frozen vegetables, eliminating all forms of guesswork in the kitchen.
Though it has only 1.1 cubic feet of interior space, it is accommodative for family meals.
Other significant features you may like to include child lock, glass turntable, defrost function, LED display.
The ten power levels make it able to heat different kinds of foods to perfection. You can warm food evenly and fast.
- 10 power levels that heat up to 1000 watts
- stainless-steel interior surface that is easy to clean
- Six automatic cooking programs
- Aesthetically appealing stainless-steel exterior finish
- Users complain that the door shuts tight and sometimes hard to open.
3. Magic Chef Stainless Steel Microwave Oven- MCD1311ST
Magic Chef microwave oven stainless steel interior is among the best options when you are looking for value for your money.
It features an aesthetically appealing stainless steel exterior that is easy to clean and compliments any kitchen space.
The microwave has a capacity of 1.3 cubic feet and can satisfy all the cooking desires when cooking for a family.
You can wipe the interior spotlessly clean using a clean damp cloth eliminating all spills.
The interior stainless steel hardly absorbs any food odor while cooking, leaving your microwave smelling fresh every time.
Significant features include the eight one-touch auto cooking pre-programmed modes that include pizza, frozen vegetables, and popcorn.
It uses a touch screen human interface that makes it user-friendly and convenient.
It is economical and only consumes 1000 watts of heat energy, making it convenient for most cooking kinds.
- It has a stainless-steel interior surface that makes it easy to clean
- Stylish and sleek exterior finish
- It has a capacity of 1.3 cu. Ft. Suitable for family meal preparations.
- eight one-touch auto programmed cooking modes
- Rotating and removable glass turntable for even heating
- Some people find the microwave too noisy when preheating food.
4. Sharp Stainless-Steel Microwave-SMC1585BS with Convection
The Sharp microwave oven stands out because it has a smooth and glossy exterior finish.
Yet, it is the superior features that separate it from the rest of the pack.
At a capacity of 1.5 cubic feet, the Sharp microwave oven with stainless steel interior is large and can cope with all big family cooking tasks.
In contrast to other models, it comes with a removable and rotating ceramic turntable that is wide enough to fit large-sized plates for even warming food.
What you will enjoy about this model is the precise cook sensor.
It is a new technology that allows you to determine the power levels and cooking time of eight preprogrammed popular menus.
It also uses convection technology to roast and bake foods and the browning of meat products. Because of this technology, you will enjoy preparing various meals as long as you get the proper settings.
- It comes with a removable and rotating ceramic turntable
- It can determine power levels and cooking time for eight popular foods.
- The convection technology is suitable for baking, roasting, and cooking different foods.
- Spacious and has a capacity of 1.5 cubic feet to accommodate warming foods using large plates.
- Aesthetically appealing exterior finish.
- Easy to clean because of the stainless steel interior.
- Some people complain that the push-to-open button is not as effective and would prefer a microwave with a door handle.
5. KitchenAid Convection Microwave-KMHC319ESS
If you prefer a built-in microwave model, then the KitchenAid Convection Microwave is among the top options.
It boasts a significant 1500 watts energy higher than most microwave ovens with stainless steel interiors. It’s a convection microwave oven that allows you to cook, roast, and even bake at temperatures of 425F.
Other functions include simmering and steaming different foods because of the installed innovative container and a sensor-monitor cooking cycle.
At 1.9 cubic feet, it is the largest microwave stainless steel oven under review. It is suitable for family meal preparations within a short time.
It is conveniently easy to clean and features an odorless property no matter the flavor of the food you are warming or cooking.
While the KitchenAid convection microwave is pricey, it compensates by combining hood vent, microwave, sensor steam, and convection oven properties.
- 1500-watt energy for convection cooking. You can roast and bake up to temperatures of 425F.
- Spacious interior for warming meals on large plates.
- Easy to clean interior and exterior
- It combines many functions that include a steam sensor, hood vent, microwave, and convection cooking.
- Features a removable and rotating turntable for even cooking and preheating
- It is more expensive than other models but offers a bargain because of its superior features.
Things to look for when choosing a stainless steel microwave
Before you pick up the stainless steel microwave of your choice, you might want to know the factors to look out for.
Of course, construction is one out of many, but others like size, capacity, cleaning, wattage and smart features are worth consideration.
Microwaves usually vary in size. So, pay attention to the countertop space before shopping for one. There are monstrously huge units in restaurants and large production facilities.
Others are tiny to fit in small apartments, dorms and small offices.
It depends on your requirements. The most crucial point to consider is the intended purpose and how to use them.
The power output of a microwave will determine how well it performs. Low wattage microwaves will heat slowly, but they’re energy-efficient. They can save you from hefty electricity bills.
High wattage microwaves, on the other hand, are fast and effective.
The microwave can reheat and defrost faster. Choose an appliance that ranges from 600 watts to 1200 watts.
Another must-look factor is capacity. Most countertop units available in the market range between ½ and 2 cubic feet.
The former is the best choice for small families as it will hold an 8-inch to a 10-inch dinner plate.
Large families will opt to choose the latter as it naturally accommodates bigger containers. Their intended use will impact the buying choice.
Ease of cleaning
Hygiene pops in my mind whenever the word ‘food’ is mentioned. It’s one overlooked aspect of using a microwave.
Keeping your appliances clean boosts not only food safety but also general safety.
Make sure the one you choose has an easy-to-clean interior. With stainless steel, you can wipe away all stains, particles, residues hassle-free.
Features can differ from one microwave to another. A microwave can function in numerous ways – defrost, melt frozen foods, reheat leftovers. Others come with additional features that help in steaming, grilling and more.
On that note, the menu settings and programs offer a wide selection in terms of what you want to cook.
In our best microwave with stainless steel interior review, we picked the top recommendations that will suit your needs.
The list is long, but you’ll never go wrong with Toshiba Countertop Microwave oven-EC042A5C-SS. It tops the list due to its smart features, performance, ease of use and cleanliness.